The data centre solution had to be designed to support varying rack densities from passive to over 7kw within a stable and resilient environment. The facility had to be expandable in line with IT growth providing a resilient infrastructure platform for critical IT systems. The data centre facility also needed protection from potential liquid ingress.
CHALLENGES AND CONSTRAINTS
(1) Basement location gave logistic challenges for the data centre installation team.
(2) Plant equipment had to be located 90m away, of which 70m was vertical; this gave challenges to the mechanical data centre design.
(3) Limited plant and riser space adding further challenges to design and installation.
(4) Very compressed construction program due to the requirement of IT systems deployment before building occupation.
(5) Risk of liquid ingress due to basement location.
THE FUTURE-TECH SOLUTION
Future-tech, data centre specialists, provided a data centre solution with N+1 resilience in its cooling and power infrastructure, flood resistant, 1hr fire rated modular shell, VESDA and FM200 gas suppression. The data centre solution also includes monitoring of temperature, humidity and fault status of critical equipment.
Power monitoring, in line with EU Code of Conduct for data centre Energy Efficiency guidelines was provided, allowing Perenco to measure PUE and understand power consumption at a granular level. Leak detection above and around the data centre is connected to the monitoring system to alert operatives of a flood before it can penetrate the facility.
With the compressed timescale in place, Future-tech were able to fast track the project and complete ahead of programme. The result is a scalable and dynamic facility that adheres to today’s data centre design and build best practices.
The Perenco data centre is one of more than 60 facilities supported and maintained by Future-tech. For more information about scalable, modular, energy efficient data centres, their design, construction and operation, please contact our team on 0845 9000 127.